Books by G.I. Gurdjieff
- All and Everything: Beelzebub’s Tales to His Grandson. New York: Harcourt Brace, 1950 (New York: Penguin Arkana, 1999)
This version was edited by A.R. Orage on the basis of a literal English text prepared from Gurdjieff’s original Russian and Armenian by pupils at the Institute for the Harmonious Development of Man.
———. New York: Jeremy P. Tarcher/Penguin (revised), 2006
———. Tarcher/Penguin (second revision), 2008
- Meetings with Remarkable Men. New York: Dutton, 1963. (New York: Penguin Arkana, 1985)
Gurdjieff’s autobiographical account of his youth and early search for hidden knowledge.
- Life is Real Only Then, When “I Am”. New York: Dutton, 1982 (New York: Penguin Arkana, 1991)
Gurdjieff ‘s account of the discoveries and difficulties in his personal struggle to bring his Teaching to birth in the modern world.
- Views from the Real World. New York: Dutton, 1973 (New York: Penguin Compass, 1984)
A collection of Gurdjieff’s lectures from the years 1917 to 1933
Selected Accounts by Direct Pupils
- P. D. Ouspensky
- Thomas and Olga de Hartmann
- Henriette Lannes
- John Pentland
- Michel de Salzmann
- William Segal
- Tcheslaw Tchekhovitch
- Gurdjieff: A Master in Life. Toronto: Dolmen Meadow Editions, 2006.
- Henri Tracol
Selected Accounts by Other Pupils of the Gurdjieff Work
- Jacob Needleman and George Baker, eds.
- Jacob Needleman, ed.
- Ravi Ravindra
- Jean Vaysse
- The Music of Gurdjieff /de Hartmann. Thomas de Hartmann, piano. 3-disc set. Triangle Records, a division of Triangle Editions.
- Gurdjieff / de Hartmann. Music for the Piano. Linda Daniel-Spitz, Charles Ketcham, Laurence Rosenthal, pianists. Volumes 1-4. Wergo (Schott Wergo Music Media, Mainz Germany).
- Gurdjieff de Hartmann. Volumes 1-10. Alain Kremski, piano.. Fano, Italy: Naive Recording Studio.
- Gurdjieff-de Hartmann, Volumes 1 and 2. Laurence Rosenthal, piano. Windermere.
- Meetings with Remarkable Men, directed by Peter Brook. produced by Remar Production, Inc., 1978